So, if you’ve read my About Me section, you’ll know I’m obsessed with high quality makeup, especially eyeshadows and lipsticks. There are so many brands out there, that it can be hard to decide which brands are worth buying and which ones you should stay away from. After my last binge purchase at Ulta, I decided to get the Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette. For those who haven’t heard of Urban Decay, they are a pretty expensive cosmetics brand that are well known for their eyeshadow palettes, especially their Naked 1, 2, 3, and Smokey Eyes palettes. They’re extremely popular and each one costs about $54 dollars, which is a lot to invest in eyeshadow. However, is it really worth it?
When I first purchased it, it came in a pink metallic case with an Urban Decay eyeshadow brush ( I haven’t tried that one yet so I’m just going to discuss the eyeshadows themselves). It also has a built in mirror which is great if you’re on the go or don’t have a mirror handy. The palette comes with 12 shades, with a mix of matte, shimmer, and satin eyeshadows.
All 12 Shades:
- Strange (a pale slightly pink matte)
- Dust (pale metallic pink with a glittery finish)
- Burnout (light pink peach)
- Limit (rosey matte)
- Buzz (metallic rose with a silver glitter finish)
- Trick (metallic pink with coppery sparkle)
- Nooner (medium pink-brown matte)
- Liar (metallic dark pink)
- Factory (pink-brown with a satin finish)
- Mugshot (metallic grey with hints of pink)
- Darkside (dark grey with dark pink influences)
- Darkheart (smoky black with small specks of rosy red)
Okay so now that you know all 12 shades, I’d like to share my favorite everyday look using the Urban Decay Naked 3 Eyeshadow Palette.
My Before Look: My After Look:
The colors I used here were Strange, Dust, Buzz, and Nooner!
So I call this my everyday look because it’s subtle but adds a lot of definition and makes my eyes pop! I used the color Strange under my eyebrows and over my lid. I recommend using this color all over, especially if you don’t have an eyeshadow primer, which you definitely should. They keep make your colors bolder and stay in place. Then, use the color Dust from the start of your eyelashes to the middle of your lid. Next, use Buzz from the middle of your lid to the outside. Lastly, and this part is a little trickier, use the color Nooner in your crease and then make a C shape down to the outside of your lid and blend! Blend, blend blend! I want to stress the importance of this because it’s very pigmented. However, it’s one of the most important colors to use for this look because it adds definition without being too harsh. I also recommend using a blender brush for this as it makes it a lot easier.
Okay, so now that you know all the colors, let’s talk about the pros and cons:
- The colors are vibrant and intensely pigmented. A little will go a long way which extends the life of the eyeshadows (saving you money for the future!)
- You can easily blend the colors together to make your eye makeup look flawless!
- Versatility. You can create many looks with these eyeshadows. Because of this, you don’t need to buy many different eyeshadow palettes, you have all you need in one!
- Velvety texture and consistency. They’re so soft that putting them on your eyes doesn’t cause irritation and they’re consistent through and through.
- Comes with a mirror and eyeshadow brush (which is great if you’re on the go!)
- The price. Spending $54 dollars on just one part of your makeup collection is a BIG commitment, especially if you don’t have a lot of money to spare.
- The shimmery colors Dust and Buzz are a little too soft. This isn’t a major problem, but when you use your eyeshadow brush, the colors are a little flakey and can make a little bit of a mess. I’d recommend instead of pressing down and swiping, just to press down. This will help to prevent it from making a mess and will keep your palette clean!
Overall opinion: Um yes, get this palette!
Even though the palette costs quite a bit of money, I can honestly say it’s the best eyeshadow palette I’ve ever used. The colors are gorgeous, blend easily to create lots of looks, and last so long that you won’t even need another eyeshadow palette! I’ve received so many compliments using this palette that I’ve actually stopped using my other ones. It’s a big investment but because it lasts so long it will save you money over the long term. I’ve used a lot of cheaper brands (such as Maybelline, Makeup Revolution, and Physicians Formula). While they are cheap, ranging from 10-15 dollars, it takes a lot of product to achieve even half of the pigmentation of the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. So, I recommend that if you want to try a new brand and treat yo’ self, then make an investment in yourself and try out the Naked 3 eyeshadow palette. I promise you’ll love it!
Let us know if you decide to purchase this amazing palette and what colors you think are best! We’d love to hear about your experience! Thanks for reading! Please like, share, and subscribe!